Weather: Caribbean Coast averages 10 degrees at night and 86 degrees during the day.
The majority of foreign residents that buy real estate are Americans.
During 2005 CR had over 16 million visitors, 52% were American.
Jaco has a wide range of sporting activities:
Kyac, Diving, Rafting, Fishing, Surf, Wind Surf, Golf, Mountain Biking, Horse Back Riding, Ecotourism, Shopping Galleries, Restaurants, Bars and Night life.
Jaco is located in the Central Pacific Coast.
1 hour and 45 minutes from the Juan Santa Maria International Airport.
Jaco is one of the countries most popular beaches.
Currently condominiums are been sold at 12% discount of the regular sales price. The price includes a package of furniture equipment and appliances.
Foreign direct investors in most cases have the same rights as any local citizen.
Property registration and not the deed is of great importance. All properties are registered at the Public Registry (Registro Publico)
Tax for the property transaction is 1.5% of the registered property value. **This must be paid before registering the property**
Steps for Real Estate Transaction
1) Identify the property to be purchased
2) Sign the Sales / Purchase Contract
3) Signed the title document (escritura)
4) Complete the final payment at the same time as the title document.
5) The title document is sent to the Public Registry to be registered
6) Within a month time the Public Registry will transfer the title of the property to the new owner
Personal Use Reservation Exchange (PURE)
Internal and external exchange alternatives: Property rental and Value Added
RCI Points Exchange Program
A member may deposit 12 weeks yearly into the exchange